At Karupannya, Workers,
- have the legal right to perform work at the premises
- have the freedom to terminate employment at any time according to the agreed notice period, without penalty or salary deductions
- have the freedom to leave the premises when their work shifts end
- are not been charged, directly or indirectly, any fees or commission related to the recruitment and/or employment process
- have not been requested to provide deposits and have not payments delayed, been offered wage advances or loans with the consequence of indebting the worker and binding him or her to employment
Workers’ accident insurance
Karupannya provides accident insurance to all workers, covering medical treatment for work related accidents and compensation for work related accidents resulting in permanent disability.
We do not discriminate, exclude or have a certain preference for persons on the basis of gender, age, religion, race, caste, birth, social background, disability, ethnic and national origin, nationality, and membership in unions or any other legitimated organizations, political affiliation or opinions, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, marital status, diseases or any other condition that could give rise to discrimination.
Rights of Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining
At Karupannya, we
- respect the right of workers to form unions in a free and democratic way
- do not discriminate against workers because of trade union membership
- respect workers’ right to bargain collectively
- do not prevent workers’ representatives from having access to workers in the workplace or from interacting with them
We respect the right of the workers to receive fair remuneration that is sufficient to provide them with a decent living for themselves and their families
Wages are paid in a timely manner, regularly.